Thursday, July 20, 2006

Guffaw!


There's something really quite extraordinary about seeing eminent scientists, historic figures - ones that you are somewhat in awe of - 'goofing off'.

I never really got over dancing with Denisyuk and Benton in a Chicago night club (RIP to both) - or seeing Denisyuk in his swimming trunks at the Lake Forest Holography Symposium as he went for his morning dip in Lake Michigan.

So, it's with that sense of the surreal that I bring you these photos taken at Ruthin Castle Mediaeval banquet. Here is King Hans Bjelkhagan and Emeritus Professor of Optics Prince T. Jeong et al. Giggle... perhaps someone could kindly name everyone for me?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at your photos is like a two sided "mediaeval" sword. On the one side I am excited, happy and tingly all over and feel like I am almost there. On the other side I want to cry because I was not there.
I love holography and I love castles. I believe there is some dormant brain gene that was inherited from my father’s side, he was born in Italy, in which sometime someone in my ancestral past was in some way connected to a castle. It is something I cannot explain. I truly missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. ;-(
Great photos and thanks again.
John Pecora

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, we'll do it again, big time. Unfortunately not many mediaeval castles in US though! But we can do another fun thing there.

Kaveh

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some more photos:

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/TerryWilliams/

Kaveh

9:03 AM  
Blogger Pınar Y. said...

Hi Pearl,
I noticed your blog by a link from The Holographer.

I am a hologram hobbyist from Istanbul, Turkey. and a blogger :) I got wonderful links, information and photos from your blog. thank you for the good work.

take care...

yep, my blog is in Turkish, you may not even view properly...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Pearl V John said...

Dear Pinar d.
I looked at your blog and I wished I could understand! It looks great - wonderful illustrations on interference.
Now I'm wondering whether Nerdee is the female version of Nerd?
Thanks for the compliments on my blog.
Best wishes,

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home